Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected:
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose:
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We DO NOT engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email address] or by mail using the details provided below:
POWDER MONKEY BREWING CO LTD, a2 yeoman gate, yeoman way, worthing, BN133QZ, United KingdomLast updated: 30/12/2020
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority.
POWDER MONKEY BREWING Co
Co-Founder and CEO Andy first found the building that spawned Powder Monkey Brewing in 2019. An Historic Naval Gunpowder Store in Priddy's Hard, Gosport, it had remained empty and partially derelict for over fifty years.
Despite its shocking state, the vision was born and the work began on planning the brewery and developing the brand. The name Powder Monkey relates to the boys and girls who carried the gunpowder to the guns on board ships. More information on the building can be found by clicking the button below which leads to Historic England's information on the site and its transformation.
Having recruited Mark, our Head Brewer to the team, Andy & Mark spent many hours planning the working side of the brewery, specifying the equipment and ensuring it was as efficient and productive as possible.
Roll forward to July 2021 and the new facility was up and running and the first beers brewed.
The brewery building contains the production facility as well as a visitor centre, shop and tasting bar.
Andy Burdon - CEO
Andy is a seasoned industry professional & deal maker who heads up the dedicated team at Powder Monkey.
With a solid understanding of all disciplines within the businesses Andy knows the day to day challenges the team are faced with and is well placed to guide and support them with a hands on approach.
Family, red wine and watching Rugby are his escape.
Favourite Powder Monkey Beer: Monkey's Charge
Mark Hamblin - Head Brewer
Mark discovered a love for beer while studying Biochemistry at Oxford University with many nights in the pub drinking too much cask ale.
After leaving he dived straight into commercial brewing, learning as much as he could about brewing from books, podcasts, research papers and fellow brewers!
Mark enjoys exploring the history of different styles of beer and bringing them to life with new ideas, but always with an analytical approach - it's controlled chaos!
Favourite Powder Monkey Beer: Explosion IPA
Steve Thompson MBE Director & Brand Ambassador
Steve started his Rugby career in Northampton, before playing for England and the British & Irish Lions. The World Cup winning Hooker put his name to our Hop & Hooker range.
Steve plays a key role in the team in terms of supporting and promoting the brands in his role as Ambassador, and loves to spend time in the brewery and in trade when possible.
Favourite Powder Monkey Beer: Hop & Hooker Amber
Nick Hall - Operations
Nick is a results driven hospitality leader specialising in
strategic planning, budget management, sales, team leadership and multi-site operations.
As a highly accomplished manager, Nick’s ability to drive
the brand and the team, whilst maintaining exceptional standards and productivity ensures great results.
In his free time Nick enjoys following Newcastle United with a beer.
Favourite Powder Monkey Beer: Drop Anchor
Marcus Hunt - Sales
Marcus's background was originally in sales for over a decade within the automotive industry.
He then took a a significant break to look after his children , taking on part time jobs within the hospitality industry.
His main focus is on building the trade sales, managing the social channels and events at the brewery.
Marcus's favourite time of year is Halloween and can be seen wearing multiple costumes in the brewery bar!
Favourite Powder Monkey Beer: BBQ Rye IPA
We are very proud to have won two awards in The SIBA Regionals 2021 . Gold for our Explosion IPA and Silver for our BBQ Rye IPA
Entrance to Priddy's Hard